Thursday, March 26, 2009

Shobhit Kaushal - A Painter and a Poet!


Dear Shobhit,
Good evening!

I did not get the courage to talk to you later today when I found that your father's voice was little husky in the morning and he gave me another mobile number to call which was coming busy!

It is all right my dear friend. I did get to talk to you the other day before going to the exhibition of your paintings at Art & Soul, Worli. I must thank Shri Pritam ji for the help in both these matters!

I wish to sing along some more songs with you!

1. Jis pal nayanon mein spana teraa aaye
us pal mausam mein mehandi rach jaaye
( Your question tell me the first lines and the name of the movie)

2. Tum jo kah do to aaj ki raat chand dubega nahi
raat ko rok lo raat ki baat hai aur zindagi..
( Name the movie, actors and actress on whom it is picturised and the beginning of the song)

3. Tum jo no sunate kya gaata main
bebas hokar rah jaata main
( Now this is a difficult song so a simple question which singer has sung this song!)
4. Phir aag viraha ki mat lagaana
ki jal ke main raakh ho chuka hoon
( Tell me the male singer and the movie! and of course how the song starts!)

5. Yeh na socho isamein apni haar hai ki jeet hai
ise apana lo yahi jeevan ki reet hai
(Movie, beginning, actor and actress!)

I think I should not tax you so much with songs and quizzes, but then I have decided that I would use this day 335 irrespective of some people objecting to my pouring of emotions a political gambit. You Know I am a government servant I can not even support any party openly, even if i wish to do so! and of course, I am happy the way I am a simple ordinary government servant, who travelled by BEST (despite having a car!), I think I was right in asking for a discount for the A human, is being born - the booklet containing a miniature version of some major paintings and the book containing several poems by you!

sab kuchh ek din mein to padh nahi sakata, I will let you know my reactions later.

Yes, I did a posture on you at facebook, and I also discovered that some Shobhit Kaushal does exist at FB and does appear to be similar to you! Is that you! I know you are not connected to Internet, moreover, you gave better things to do than sit on Facebook. So when do we expect another painting form you, or another painting exhibition..

I think it is quite sometime now that i must stop this conversation here, you must be feeling a bit tired too! reading such long post, I only assume that you are able to get to read these contents, i shall post some of the other people's comment from here to you! let that be surprise!

Abhaya India March 26 2009 11:55 PM IST

==
Dearest Shobhit,
A very Good morning my friend,
or rather my poet cum painter friend!

In true spirits, I tried to find trains that could take me to you for enlightenment of me in person from you! That has not been met with success, not as of now! I was prepared to travel sitting in Garib Rath, even that is full! Such are the times we live in that I am not in a position to take a flight. But you keep the fight on ! We can safely assume that it may be quite a difficult process to make some more paintings for us! yet I know what you can do is ask some close ones to write and type out your thoughts in that most poetic fashion in which you wrote, I have some questions for you, my lord or Listen to me, My friends or even Hold my hand or Love. They are all as beautiful as your paintings!

We are blessed to have a talent like you around and at the same time quite unfortunate to be living in the fear of loosing you too soon! Could there be some other intermittent arrangement in God's plans! Could he not for once change his rules and grant you an extension for few more years. Though I am sure you would not want to leave us let me tell you and assure you of the fact that your work is indeed going to live with us, forever! Take courage my friend from the fact that world is still abundant with some very good people as has been displayed here by so many that to name individuals here would not be seemingly possible for me. I am sure that many others would write for you on day 335 for the sake of you!

I am indeed indebted to brother having met you- that some day I would be able to meet him and find out more about youi in person. I would rather see if my dearest cousin Dr. Neerja and her husband Dr. Vijay Kumar Dubey could meet you on my behalf and convey my thoughts to you in person. Only I would need to find your whereabouts in Kanpur. It should not be so very difficult!

Here I would love to sing along few songs with you!

1. Duniya banane wale kahe ko duniya banaai
2. Ajab tune reet rachi re bhagwaan paap kare paapi bhare punyavaan
3. Yeh kaun chitrakaar hai yeh kaun chitrakaar
4. Chale jaana zara thaharo kisi ka dil machalata hai..
5. Jaise suraj ki garmi se jalte huye tan ko mil jaaye taruvar ki chhaya
6. Koi jab raah na paaye mere sang aaye ki pag-pag deep jalaye meri dosti mera pyaar
7. Maine tere liye hi saat rang ke sapane chune sapane sureele sapane

There could be many more but then I am sitting here as helpless as one could feel in not able to listen to my heart to be able to meet you before it is too late! Excuse me friend, I fi am not able to fulfill my earlier promise of meeting you phyiscally, you are always in my thoughts and there you shall remain for very long times!

Abhaya India March 25 2009 8:30 AM IST
Post Script : And My sincere thanks to JagUthaInsaan - maybe what you say is true for me and I shall respect your words! Yes I did not know of Kaushal before, not many here did know of him before brother unfolded his story. I understand your point of view! Thanks again for reminding me of my inabilities!

--
Respected Brother,
Shastang Pranaam,

I think I have got some courage within me to fight the gods today1 maybe i can ask more questions of him of his laws of nature- maybe I could also ask him why did he first create such beautiful people if he wanted to take them away so soon!

Yet Before I go and complain to him, I would ask him to give me courage to go and hold his (Shobhit's) hand, to give me inner desire to be able to sing a song for him, to provide me that blissful smile that I could make him smile too! I would ask him to give me enough wisdom to not pity him but respect his work of art and poetry. yes, Shobhit, as I expected your poetry too was of the same high order as of your paintings!

If you are able to get this message to you, believe me we shall definitely meet soon, I can not say how soon but pretty soon, you got to hang around till then and I would love to sing any of the song from old Hindi movies. Whichever you say, I may not have much of a voice but I am told I sing from my heart -

Jo tumko ho pasand wohi baat karenge is my one of my most favourite song! if you like some other let me know, i shall come prepared so that we could sing along to the world!

Dear Shobhit,

Keep waiting for me dear friend, I shall come to hold your hand which had made such beautiful paintings! I will come to see the smile on your face so that we all could smile along with you! I shall also come to possibly get some of your dreams fulfilled! I shall come to find out more about your these beautiful paintings as I do not understand too much of art yet I can tell them to be great piece of art work! You definitely would not mind to explain to me with whatever means when we meet! Maybe I shall come to meet you around 15th of April or after 20th April.

Love, smiles and my hand in your hands till we get to meet!

Abhaya India March 24/25 2009 12:34 AM IST


--
Dear Shobhit Kaushal,
Th brave young artist! ( I still have to read your poetry!)

I was so impressed with your work that before reading your work I wanted to say a few words for your extraordinary work of art. Superb, sensational and highly sentimental. Now i am not a great connoisseur of works of art yet I could say that they were indeed out of this world experience for me. Truly great work!

May God Bless you with atleast some more time in this world so that you are aware of how much respect and love you have deserved through your work. No, not for your terminally ill condition. I would not like to pity someone who is so brave and so non-chalant in his approach to the life.

The glory be yours for today and for the time that God has granted you on this earth, only if it could be extended a little beyond than the perception of the medical experts, I would thank and salute the Gods! I am convinced though that physical existence has much less meaning and the kind of paintings you have left for us would always remain a sweet memory of someone as talented and dignified as you! I haven't read the poems yet I only saved them for reading shortly!

I don't know if I had come across someone as vibrant in his paintings at such a young age. These works are poetry in themselves, I can guess what the poetry would contain! Oh! no, I must say whether I had come across such a determined person as you who had wanted to live his life with all its terms and conditions unfolded of its nearing end! I salute your work and I also appreciate your interest and determination to be able to meet Babu Moshay - as if just to say - Babu Moshay, main abhi marna nahi chahta! I wish that the manufacturer upstairs listens to us and grants him some powers to save lives like yours! He like us is a human being too yet he has defeated death twice around and the first time was some 28 years back!

I know, by meeting Amitabh Bachchan, one thing you would have definitely felt that a strong determination can even defeat the sure death! How much do I wish that science had progressed to conquer Cancer yet despite so much of efforts and endeavour of scientists world over there is very minimal progress in terms of a cure! some cases have been solved to extend the life and few other types of cancers have been extended a better quality of life!

I do not know what kind of cancer do you have, and what are the oipinions of the doctors on your present condition, but the kind of description that accompanies brother's description of this post - it is quite a grave situation!

I am with you Shobhit, I shall always remember having met you through your paintings on display by brother Amitabh here. No, I have not let my eyes fail me this time, I have got some strength from your inner strength and am able to face your condition little boldly!

Brother, if possible please do provide us the address of Shobhit, my dearest sister, my closest cousin is in Kanpur and had been asking me to come and meet her for last 25 years of her marriage. I may finally go to see her with the hope of meeting you in the process! I am sure it would give me lot of strength to be able to just meet him even if I have nothing to say! Even if I have no solution to offer, even if I am as helpless as the rest of us! Or even if you do not have much time to meet us. I shall make an attempt to meet you!

Shobhit, if you could get to read the blog here, I would keep in touch with you through this blog till I am one day successful to come and meet you! like so many of others would have wished. As I was scampering down to write these comments I did get a glance of what sister Rose had to say! I shall read her later!

I would only pray to God to give you a quality life for as long as you are with us, hopefully few more years and brother continue your good work as much as possible, it shall make you immortal!

Love and great feeling of attachment, You need to wait for me a bit though! I know you would not mind!

A well wisher

Abhaya India March 24 2009 11:50 PM IST
..

No comments:

Post a Comment