Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Wonders I See - Shobhit Kaushal


Respected Brother
Sweet Rememberance
The world of Shobhit Kaushal that you exposed us to had borne more fruits. I visited exhibtion of his paintings and poetry on its last day in the last hour! Yet I shall not ne last to see his genius. Here is a poem from him that I did want to share with the family! I am convinced in my mind Shobhit would not mind such an act of mine!

The Wonders I see
Isn’t it a wonder that my life is such and I can see the way it grows.
Isn’t it magical that I am now on a journey and not to the destinations I chose?
I choose my dreams and what I needed I felt I knew.
What I saw around me
I believed in and perceived to be true.
But isn’t it a wonder that the meanings of truth have now changed
And isn’t it a wonder what they will mean in future for me?
Isn’t it strange that I am filled with joy when I see my life being shaped
While the oceans still there, where they were, while the first man being born.
But I will also meet one day with the water, the wind and the sand,
I am still happy and hopeful, for my eyes are eager to see things happen,
The things never planned.
It’s a wonder to see the colours float on the surface and the shadows dark and deep.
Wars and battles in each corner, still my life wants to creep.

But isn’t it a surprise that he doesn’t fear to lose his life?
- Shobhit Kaushal

PS I thought I would continue to write of Shobhit on day 335 yet I realised that way people may not get to read about his world. This is one of the poems that I liked specifically and wanted others to read.

Contributed and compiled by Abhaya India March 29 2009 11:44 PM IST

No comments:

Post a Comment